Monday, September 15, 2008

Time. . .

As I am writing this I am appalled at it being over 2 weeks since my last blog. The reason why is that I am fighting with the powers that be over the direction of technology and the future of it in the classroom. We have too many people that say they are not going to use it, they are not going to need it that they don't want it in their classroom. I don't understand how they can use the argument. I have read the articles that the internet is making us dumber. I have talked to many educators that say that they don't have the time. How can we expect to change things unless we take a hard look at our educational system and our curriculum and look to change it. We have to take the time or else we are going to find that the children that we teach will be without the skills required to survive in the real world.
The real world is that world that has technology. The real world is the one that uses it everyday. Workers are not spoon-fed information, they have to figure it out and be able to use technology effectively. Yet we don't encourage it in our classrooms.

No comments: